Friday, November 30, 2012

Bad News and Need Help If Possible...

Hubby has been feeling under the weather for awhile as I mentioned in the previous post. Yesterday, he was in so much pain that I finally persuaded him to go to the E.R. He was also coughing almost non-stop. He said that the coughing was because of post-nasal drip.

He thought that pain which he was having in his upper back was coming from an inflamed pancreas, which he had had problems with before. The doctors took some x-rays and found that he has a crushed vertebrae which has caused scoliosis of his spine and that is what is causing the pain. He already had a back injury which totally disabled him but that injury was to his lower back. The doctors also said that he might be having some heart problems. He hasn't had a heart attack but his EKG was abnormal and his oxygen level was low. He is going to have to go for tests to see if he is going into heart failure.

These tests will require travel and we are already broke for the month. We also had to let some bills go due to banking problems. I went into details about the banking issues in a post at my other blog. You can read the details at the following link.

http://shesnohockeymom.blogspot.com/2012/10/i-am-in-big-trouble-and-need-help.html

We really need to raise money because these doctor visits are in addition to several others already scheduled for both of us. We can't cancel the other appointments because all of them are urgent. Our son isn't able to help us financially but he is going to visit so he can drive us to appointments if we have the money for gas and he can send out any pen orders. Just coming up here is a big burden on him as he is having money issues, too. We would like to at least be able to buy groceries to feed him and his family.

Any pens sold will help us more than you can ever know. You can visit our pen website by clicking the following link:

http://www.hubbyshandcraftedinkpens.yolasite.com/product-catalog.php

or by clicking the hubby's tab at the top of the page.

You can email me at:

bladecatz@mail.com

If you wish to donate (I would rather you buy a pen, though) you can do so using the donate button on :

http://shesnohockeymom.blogspot.com/

With sincere gratitude for pen purchases, donations, prayers, good thoughts, etc.

Blade

P.S. Just as I posted this, we got a phone call from the hospital. One of the tests they did showed that he has an infection in his lungs and they said he needs to go get a prescription for antibiotics. Things just keep getting worse. I am really worried because he means everything to me.

1 comment:

  1. Have you applied for Medicaid?? Scoliosis takes years to develop..it doesn't happen overnight..I know because I have it and have had to have back surgery in my lower back because I have had it since childhood. Also I had a scare last month and went to the ER..my Ekg was fine but because of the heaviness in my chest they kept me overnight for observation and did a nuclear stress test in the morning...everything was OK with my heart, they found that I had inflammation of the bronchial tubes..why on earth would they send your husband home with abnormal readings??and tell him to come back for test to see if he is going into heart failure. My husband had a pace maker and defib so I know all about heart problems...I am so happy we have health insurance and Medicare...I have to pay for it but it is well worth it. Sorry I can not help, low on money this time of year like a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete